The Epilepsy Foundation of Long Island provides support groups in East Meadow and East Setauket. All groups are run by clinical social workers who specialize in treating people with epilepsy. Groups meet on a monthly basis. They provide emotional support, information, and comradeship. Support groups enable people to realize that they are not alone in coping with epilepsy.
- Young Adult Support Group: For teens and young adults
- Professional Support Group: For working adults coping with the effects of epilepsy on work, social, and family life
- Parent Support Group: For parents and other caregivers of children with epilepsy
- Social Group: For adults with epilepsy and other intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Suffolk Support Group: For adults with epilepsy and their loved ones
For more information about locations and meeting times.