EPIC LONG ISLAND is a premier support organization serving individuals with physical, intellectual or emotional challenges, including epilepsy. Our expanding programs include residential, day program, community habilitation, comprehensive clinical mental health services and community education.
EPIC LI is seeking a Residential Manager to provide to work at their Hicksville and Westbury Residence.
• Manage the daily operation of the program to ensure its compliance with all regulations; and agency policies, procedures and standards.
• Manage staff performance; provide on-going, effective and timely feedback to staff. Objectively evaluate employees’ performance and implement development plan.
• Develop and implement systems to ensure day-to-day smooth operations of program.
• Ensure individual program plans are implemented as prescribed
• Provide oversight and ensure the accurate, timely and complete documentation of all required paperwork.
• Manage filing system for the individuals and the employees. Ensure confidentiality and security of information.
• Manage incidents and reporting of incidents as per agency guidelines and all regulations.
• Serve as the liaison with other service providers including but not limited to sheltered workshops, day habilitation programs, hospitals, doctors, and Case Managers, neighbors and community contacts.
• Serve as the primary contact for family members, advocates, guardians, and others who are involved with the individuals; and develop these contacts in a manner which is most beneficial to the consumers.
• Communicate effectively with individuals served, team members, families, visitors and others.
• Manage program within budgetary guidelines.
• Manage consumers’ finances including but not limited to personal allowance, clothing and burial funds.
• Manage petty cash accounts.
• Attain and maintain Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) certification; and administer medication where required.
• Perform SCIP-R, CPR and First Aid as required.
• Actively participate in all mandatory trainings, in-services and conferences as required; maintain certification in all mandatory trainings.
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• A minimum of one year experience managing an OPWDD certified program.
• A minimum of two years’ experience providing direct care support to developmental disabled individuals.
• Valid NYS Driver License
• Must be able to multitask and work independently
• Strong organizational and communication (written/verbal) skills
• Well organized and detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings
This position is Full-time and offers a comprehensive benefits package (Vacation, Sick, Personal Days, etc.)
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to HR(at)epicli.org