Did you know……
- In New York State, over 750 agencies provide services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Of these, only 50 also provide mental health services to adults.
- Of these, only 2 also provide services to people with epilepsy.
- Of these, only 1 also provides mental health services to children……EPIC Long Island.
EPIC Long Island has a unique role as a services provider in our community as well as beyond the borders of Long Island. These services include:
- residential facilities for adults with developmental disabilities;
- weekday programs onsite and in the community, as well as a Saturday respite program for adults with development disabilities;
- a community service program that offers Medicaid Service Coordination and Community Habilitation;
- specialty clinics providing services to children and adults with epilepsy, developmental disabilities and related conditions;
- offsite clinic services for adults with developmental disabilities throughout Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Westchester and Rockland.
- mental health clinic services for children and adults
- Epilepsy Community Outreach and Education Program providing training and education to teachers, healthcare professionals, school children and the general public about epilepsy, as well as advocacy and support services.